Thursday, April 14, 2011

Facebook

I love Facebook. I'll admit, I'm addicted. But I'm seeing a change and I don't like it. Lately, lots of businesses are using fb to promote their products. I like trying new things. I like getting samples in my mailbox. A lot of promoters now expect consumers to jump through too many hoops to try their products. Many are linking their items to Facebook. This is the part I don't understand. We must first click "Like" before finding out anything about the product. How can I say I like something I haven't even tried? I get it. It's all a numbers game. Who can be the most popular, whether we're talking about an individual or a company. Everyone wants to be popular, and in companies popularity means profit. I would just like to see the process a little different and more honest.

No comments: