Friday, March 6, 2009

A Lesson in Frugality

I've heard it said, "Necessity is the mother of invention". There are some smart Moms out there. We put this lesson to the test when our little grandson recently came to visit. We took him over to my parent's home before heading back to our house and his little feet were, well, (sorry little guy!) very stinky. This little boy at two and a half has not met a puddle he doesn't like. He tries them all out. Needless to say, he has several pairs of shoes. The ones he had on that day were dry, but really in need of some help. My Mom said, "Why don't you try some baking soda". Good idea. When we got home, I put about a tablespoon of good old baking soda
in each of his shoes, and well, I tried mine too. By morning I shook out the excess and the shoes no longer had an odor. Amazing! I know baking soda has many more uses, so I'll be doing a bit more research and finding more cost cutting ideas. Give this a try! Your feet, and your nose, will thank you. Thanks Mom!

No comments: